Cleistocactus winteri D.R.Hunt 1988 forma cristata
Garden origin (Nursery
Conservation status: Listed in
CITES appendix 2.
Common Name: Golden Rat Tail
- Hildewintera aureispina (F.Ritter) F.Ritter 1966
- Winteria aureispina F.Ritter 1962
- Winterocereus aureispinus (F.Ritter) Backeberg 1966
- Loxanthocereus aureispinus (F.Ritter) Buxbaum 1974
- Bozicactus aureispinus (F.Ritter) G.D.Rowley 1975
- Cleistocactus aureispinus (F.Ritter) D.R.Hunt 1987 (n.v.publ.
not Fric 1928 (C. baumannii).
Cultivation: It is of
easy cultivation. Require
full sun or
half shade. It need a well drained soil mix. Water
generously during the
summer but allow to dry fully before watering again. During
the winter months they should be kept rather dry. Since they are rapid
growers, and need plenty of space for their roots, repotting should be done
every other year or when the plant has outgrown its pot.
Propagation: From cuttings in spring (let them
dry till the ends callous well. Then replant them in fresh cactus soil
that is ever so slighty moist, and keep it that way till they root)